Bradley Smoker is perfect for meat & food smoking products. It works with the help of compressed sawdust discs known as bisquettes that generate smoke. It is surely one of the unique grilling equipment that automates the grilling process for you. Now you won’t have to stand for hours near the grill. The Bradley Smoker is a smart device that eliminates all the cooking fuss.
In today’s discussion, we’ll learn to grill a Turkey on a Bradley smoker. It’s very simple, easy and fun to smoke. I’ll also tell how to work with the digital controls.
Grilling with A Bradley Smoker: Preparing a Delicious Smoked Turkey
- Buy an average sized turkey from the market.
- Now take a big pot and pour in 2 quarts of orange juice.
- Also, add 2 quarts of apple juice into the orange juice.
- Add 2 cups of kosher salt.
- 1 Cup of brown sugar. You may use white sugar as well.
- 1 tablespoon of Nutmeg.
- Add 10 allspice cloves.
- Finally, we need 1 gallon of water.
Mix all the ingredients, and put in the whole turkey inside the large pot that contains the brine mixture. You should allow it to marinate for more than 18 hours so that the brine mixtures is fully soaked inside it.
Grilling inside the Bradley Smoker
- Place the turkey on a large tray. Also, pour some brine mixture over and around it.
- Because the turkey is quite large, you will need to pull out the top tray from the best electric smoker under 500 to make some space.
- Put the dish with the turkey carefully on the grill of the smoker.
- Make sure that there is no spoon or other utensil left inside the tray.
- Close the door of the smoker, and lock it.
- From the digital control panel, set the timer for 6 hours and the set the temperature to low. We don’t want to prepare it too fast; else it won’t cook properly. The meat might be left raw inside.
- Keep a check on the wooden chips after every hour. If your model has a glass door, you can also look through it and see the progress, else don’t open the door. All of the smoke will escape quickly.
- After an hour, you can see the smoke rising from its top flat chimney. However, you should open the smoker door, and have a quick check on the turkey. Pour in some more brine mixture on it, and let it smoke for another 3 hours on low heat.
- After 6 hours, take out the turkey carefully, add some wine over it and enjoy the delicious smoked turkey.
Depending on what type of food you are cooking, you need to adjust the timer accordingly. Don’t forget to add the bisquettes in the bisquette holder. A new one is required after every 20-30 minutes. Fill it as per cooking requirements. The Bradley smoker can easily be moved from place to place. So, you can grill where ever you want to.